What a first half. Could go either way!
On my way to Bolton. I'm on the usual Blackpool train. Must remember to get off!
"what are you doing with a bicycle pump and a duck?" <3 Masterchef
Hi, I'm Mike Cartmell. twitter me do.
Originally from Blackpool, now settled in Knutsford, Cheshire. I work for SpareRoom, devloping the UK's #1 flatshare website.
I love to travel, either alone or with my family, and I've visited 32 countries so far. You can see a map of them here.
I'm into all kinds of fiction, but especially anything dark and/or psychological.
I enjoy retro gaming, especially Spectrum, Amiga and Arcade games.
I danced salsa for about 5 years, and love going to the occasional event for social dances. I've danced socially at Blackpool Tower, which I'm extremely proud of.
I'm also a life-long Blackpool FC supporter, a huge fan of curry and pale ale, and addicted to coffee and karaoke in about equal measures.
Below are some horror stories I've written (most of them, actually.) The ones I haven't shared are either no good or not ready. I prefer to read stories that emphasise mood and atmosphere over a complex plot, so my writing is the same. Nothing much happens in them. You're unlikely to get scared. Just a little unnerved.
- A story about vampires, and the price of success
- My friend Allan had a very disturbing dream about an art show, and kindly donated his recollection for me to reproduce. I hope I did it justice.
- Pulled Under
- This is a story about rain, and about keeping in touch.
- The Moth Collector
- A story about fond memories, their fragility, and the inevitable realisation that things change and move on.
- Red Lights
- The Dreamer
- My entry to Black Static's 'Campaign for Real Fear' competition.
- The first story I wrote while taking a creative writing course, and it was published in Writer's Muse, a small magazine.
A map of places I've been
View Places I've been in a larger map
See my linkedin profile.